Have you ever thought of starting a home business? Probably. If you do any type of research about home businesses, you soon find out that there’s a lot of scams, and “pie in the sky” ideas out there. They don’t make money for you, just take your money….
Real, honest-to-goodness home businesses take work, lots of work and attention to detail. They also take a plan, even if it’s a simple plan.
Well, I have an honest-to-goodness home business to suggest…how about selling items that feature beads made with plastic grocery bags?! (Think my book – Bags to Beads)
For the right person, it would be the perfect home business.
- You can start small without a lot of expense.
- You don’t need to keep a lot of inventory.
- The skills you need are easily learned.
- It’s a “green” business because you’re recycling plastic grocery bags.
- You can run your business in your spare time.
- It’s a new and unique idea that usually sells itself. (that’s been my experience…)
- You will be offering something almost everyone uses or needs.
- It would be a year-round business. People need gifts all the time.
- You don’t have to “re-invent the wheel”. There are all sorts of free jewelry tutorials on the internet to give you ideas and get your creative juices flowing. You can incorporate plastic bag beads into them.
- I have and will be designing items specifically for using plastic bag beads.
I’m sure there are more reasons, but by now you get the picture.
If you’re interested in creating and selling items made with plastic bag beads, here are a few links to get you started:
- First, my website that tells more info about my book, Bags to Beads. or buy it now here.
- Also, there are some free tutorials for making things with plastic bag beads on my website.
- Another great resource is http://jewelrymaking.about.com/
- This link has a lot of ideas and help for starting a jewelry making business: http://jewelrymaking.about.com/od/jewelrydesigning/u/Careers.htm
- I also like http://www.wigjig.com/ and http://firemountaingems.com/
In the coming weeks, I’ll be posting more on making and selling plastic bag beads. It would thrill me to help others learn and enjoy making these beads and earn money at the same time.